Students seeking admission should apply in the prescribed form available in the college office. They are advised to carefully read the prospectus before filling the form.
Students penalized for malpractice at earlier University examinations must consult the superintendent (Administration) before submitting the admission form.
A student who has migrated from a college affiliated to the Rani Channamma University shall produce a Transfer certificate from the college last attended by him/her. Student migrating from outside Rani Channamma University will have to produce a Provisional Eligibility Certificate at the time of admission and the Migration Certificate after admission
Persons gainfully employed shall be admitted only if they produce a No- objection Certificate from their present employer. No. concession in attendance will be granted to such students.
All Admissions made by the college are provisional and subject to confirmation by Rani Channamma University. If a student after being provisionally admitted is found ineligible, his/her admission will be cancelled.
The principal’s discretion to grant admission is final in all cases.
B.Com IST Semester: the student must have passed the PUC second year examination of the Karnataka PU Education Board or any other examination recognized as its equivalent.
- Com III/V Semester: the student must have kept terms for the Ist and IInd /IIIrd and IVth semester course of the Rani Channamma University or must have passed the equivalent examination in case of other Universities.
All Indian and foreign students who have passed other than those of Karnataka Board of Secondary Education/Karnataka Board of PU Education/ Rani Channamma University but which are recognized as its equivalent, will have to produce a permission letter from the Rani Channamma University before they seek admission
CERTIFICATES AND DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENT
- The original and zerox copies of the statement of marks( of lower examinations) issued by the PUE Board.
- 4 copies of latest identity card size and one stamp size photograph with name, class and address written on the backside.
- Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC (with annual income less than Rs. 1,00,000/-) applying for exemptions from tution fees , should produce caste certificate and Income Declaration from the Tashildar of their village/town tashil at the time of admission. In addition, 4 zerox copies of each certificate must be submitted.
COURSE AND CAREER OPTIONS IN COMMERCE AFTER GRADUATION
- POSTGRADUATE COURSE AND COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS
M.Com, M.A(Eco), M. Stats, MA in Operations Research, and also for competitive exams like IAS, IPS, KAS, KPSC, Air force accountants, Indian Accounts Service, Indian Railway Service and others.
2. PROFESSIONAL COURSE
Foreign languages, Hotel Management, Fashion Merchandising, Industrial Design, Museology, Journalism/Media Studies, Advertizing, Special Education B-Ed., B.P.Ed, M.P.Ed, Lib.Sc., Travel tourism, Secretarial, Insurance, Computing, Medical Transcription, Marketing, Chartered Accountant, Cost & Works Accountancy(ICWAI), Company Secretary Courses, financial analysts, Law, Mass Communication, MBA.
3. EMPLOYMENT AVENUES
Executives (Mgmt/Fin) Airlines, Travel, Secretarial, Performing Arts, Advertizing, Journalism, Media, Entrepreneurship, Banking Defence Services, Financial Planner, Call Centers.
- COM is a 3 year full time under graduate degree course affiliated to the Rani Channnamma University, Belgaum.
- It is a six semester course, each semester with 16 weeks duration.
- The course is assigned to give theoretical and practical exposure to the corporate/business world.
- The theory exams are of 100 marks each (80 marks university exam and 20 marks Internal Assessment [IA]).The theory examinations will be conducted by Rani Channamma University Belagavi and Internal assessment marks are given by the college.
- The student should have a minimum of 75% attendance to appear for semester-end University Examination.
- First three Ranks will be awarded by the University to successful candidates on the basis of aggregate marks of all semester marks including language. Medium of Instruction shall be English only.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO NEXT CLASS:
There is a carryover system and a student has to complete the course within 6 years from the date of admission to the course.
- SEMESTER-I SEMESTER-II
|1.||Paper I – Basic English|
|1.||Paper I – Basic English|
|2.||Paper-II Any one|
MIL Hindi/Marathi/Addl. English/Kannada
|2.||Paper-II Any one|
|3.||Financial Accounting-I||3.||Financial Accounting-II|
|4.||Business Economics-I||4.||Business Economics-II|
|5.||Secretarial Practices||5.||Accounting Theory|
|6.||Principles of Management||6.||Business Environment|
|7.||Indian Constitution||7.||Computer Application in Business-I|
- SEMESTER-III SEMESTER-IV
|1.||Marketing Management||1.||Human Resource Management|
|2.||Business Communication||2.||Business Law|
|3.||Corporate Accounting I||3.||Corporate Accounting-II|
|4.||Monetary Economics & Banking||4.||International Trade & Business|
|5.||Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship||5.||Fundamentals of Fin. Management|
|7.||Computer Application in Business-II||7.||Computer Application in Business-III|
- SEMESTER-V SEMSTER-VI
|2.||Elements of Costing||2.||Cost Methods & Techniques|
|4.||Economic Development of India||4.||Industrial Economics|
|5.||Computer Application in Business-IV||5.||Computer Application in Business-V|
|6.||Advertising and Salesmanship||6.||Service Marketing|
|7.||Consumer Behaviour & Marketing Research||7.||Rural Marketing|