Rani Parvati Devi College of Arts & Commerce, Belagavi is one of the educational Institution run by South Konkan Education Society [SKE Society as it is commonly known] is a premier organization running a full range of educational institutions in Belagavi. The Society was formed in 1944 at Sawantwadi by a group of individuals from Konkan region who believed in education as the only means of development of the individulas and the Society. Rani Parvati Devi College [Named after its first patron the late Rajamata of Sawantwadi]. SKE Society’s first educational institution was established in 1945. Initially the College offered instruction in Arts and Science stream.
Rani Parvati Devi College was relocated to Belagavi in 1948. The College was housed in the beautiful summer palace of Raja Patwardhan of Jamakhandi in the quiet suburb of Tilakwadi. Today S.K.E Society’s campus sprawls over 30 acres with tall trees, a mango grove, a botanical garden and a large playground. In 1966 on the recommendation of Karnataka University, R.P.D College was bifurcated into two colleges namely Rani Parvati Devi College of Arts & Govindram Seksaria Science College. The Commerce wing was added to Rani Parvati Devi College in 1995 and subsequently the College was renamed Rani Parvati Devi College of Arts & Commerce. In continuation with its commitment towards empowering the individual with knowledge Rani Parvati Devi College of Arts & Commerce has taken up the responsibility of providing education in the field of management. The College has started the Bachelor of Business Administration course from the academic year 2007-2008.
A team of dedicated teaching faculty and other support staff, spacious classrooms, rich library, well equipped laboratory and an atmosphere conductive to the harmonious development of the students have made the college an ideal centre of learning.