The NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (NAAC) is an autonomous body established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to assess and accredit institutions of higher education in the country. As per the directives of the Council, it is mandatory for all colleges to establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell which substitutes as a NAAC presence on the campus.
In pursuance of the directions of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, RPD College established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in December 2003. It has been working as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The prime objective of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the institution.
Functions of the IQAC:
- Conduct of Orientation Programme for newly admitted students
- Dissemination of information
- Organization of Workshops/Seminars/Symposia
- Documentation of the activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report to be submitted to NAAC
|1||Dr. Achala A Desai||Principal|
|2||Shri S A Walawalkar||Management Member|
|3||Smt. Bimba Nadkarni||Management Member|
|4||Dr. S. S. Patagundi||External Advisory Member|
|5||Shri. Chetan Singai||External Advisory Member|
|6||Dr. A. M. Patil||IQAC, Co-ordinator|
|7||Prof. R. V. Bhat||Member|
|8||Dr. Shobha Naik||Member|
|9||Prof. S. S. Shinde||Member|
|10||Dr. S H Patil||Member|
|11||Dr. R. J. Powar||Member|
|12||Prof. P. B. Joshi||Member|
|13||Phy. Dir. Ramkrishna N.||Member|
|14||Dr. Smt. S. P. Surebankar||Parent Member|
|15||Shri Mahantesh Patil||Industrialist|
|16||Shri Vinayak Jadhav||Alumni|
|17||Mrs. S. G. Korde||Librarian|
|18||Shri. M. S. Chikmath||Office Suptd.|
|19||Shri. Deepak Metri||Administrative Staff|
|20||Ms. Aishwarya Hosur||Student Representative|
|21||Ms. Vani Chinnappagoudar||Ladies Representative|
- Title : Rice and Millets ‘Exhibition cum Sale’
Practice : In the college campus First Tuesday of every month this exhibition cum sale is organised throughout the year
Result : The exhibition was benefited by staff members and the general public. This exhibition also helped to bring awareness about the importance of organic crops.
- Title : Graduate Attribute certificates to Final year students
Practice: As an IQAC initiative ‘Graduate Attribute Certificate’ is given to the final semester students who have cleared all earlier semesters in the first attempt. Further the certificate lists the overall development and participation of the student in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities mentioning special achievements.
Result : The certification is a motivating factor and recognises the students talents and achievements
- Title : Shakun Vijay Self composed Intercollegiate Hindi Poetry Recitation Competition
Practice : The RPD College conducts this competition every year due to the pandemic the event was held online for the academic year 2019-20. The competition was begun by a local Hindi poet Smt.Shakuntala Heda in 2004 and is being continued in her memory since 2017. Students from various colleges were invited online to participate in this competition.
Result : The competition has given a platform for the final year students to showcase their talents for creative poetry writing and building confidence to present the poems in literary style.
Future Plans of action for next academic year (500 words)
- To opt for autonomous college status
- College funding as an incentive for self finance (Society employed) faculty to pursue research by undertaking projects.
- To enter into MoUs with Deshpande Foundation Hubli to help the college students to develop their skills and employability.
- To expose the students to compete in national level programmes through Competitions such as debate, elocution etc.
- To sensitise the students regarding election procedure and make them responsible citizens an voter through electoral literacy club.
- To conduct programmes to enhance gender sensitivity and environmental responsibilities.
- To organise Faculty Development Programmes to train staff members in online teaching.
- To convert the teaching learning process through the use of smart boards in all class rooms.
- To undertake the green audit of the campus.
- Planning to start PG course M.com.
- To conduct Academic and Administrative Audit (AAA).
- To conduct Gender Audit of the College.
- MoU with Ranghbhoomi Gadhingalaj, Kolhapur District, Maharastra.
The college makes a concerted effort to provide the students not just academic training but exposure to various activities to develop all around personality.
The academic performance is consistently good. ( BA, B.Com, BBA )
In co-curricular activities students are made aware of issues such as gender sensitivity and environment through programs by college association.
In this context the performance of the sports department is noteworthy. A large number of students participate in sports activities leading to 13 university blues. We have the distinction of three international players in wrestling. In addition, for the 26th year in succession the body builders have won general championship.