Affiliated to Rani Channamma University, Belagavi & recognized by Govt. of Karnataka
South Konkan Education Society believes that education is one of the keys to develop and improve the quality of people’s life and that it is only through education the real freedom of an individual, society and nation can be realized.
To act as it believes, the society started its first educational institution, Rani Parvati Devi College in 1945, and subsequently many other schools, colleges, postgraduate department studies and postgraduate diploma.
S.K.E. Society also recognizes the significance of YOGA in the present days. Yoga is an integral part of Indian cultural and spiritual heritage. The science of yoga promotes physical, mental and spiritual health and also helps an individual to lead a happy and healthy life, thus brings harmony and peace in the society. In the modern days, the techniques of yogic science are extremely useful in the management of stress and stress-related disorders and to promote the positive health of an individual.
Hence, S. K. E. Society has introduced in the academic year 2009-2010 One Year CERTIFICATE COURSE IN YOGA STUDIES in Rani Parvati Devi Degree College of Arts and Commerce to impart the comprehensive yoga education and training to the people of Belgaum.
Admission Details: The Course usually opens during the month of June. Please call the office for details. Fees may vary based on university Intimation.
- SSLC Certificate
- SC/ST Certificate (if application)
Benefits of Yoga:
- Yoga can help us to treat diseases like diabetes, blood pressure digestive disorders, arthritis, asthma, heart problems etc.
- Yoga can improve memory power, concentration, brings peace and harmony in human relationships.
- Yoga helps in personality development.
- Yoga can bring physical and mental health, emotional well being and spiritual enlightenment.
- Yoga can eradicate social evils like terrorism, family divorces, violence, and corruption by bringing the self–confidence, love, peace in individuals
- After yoga course, one can work as a yoga instructor/ teacher in schools, high schools and colleges.
- There is a lot of demand for yoga teachers overseas.
- One can be self- employed by starting his/her own yoga class and earn.
- After yoga certificate course, one can study post graduate diploma and M.A. in Yoga.
Infrastructure and Staff:
- There are well qualified and experienced staffs.
- Well equipped practical hall and kriya hall well-established library and beautiful campus.
The Course Structure:
- Title :
The course shall be called “Certificate Course in Yoga Studies” (C.Y.S.)
The course is extended over a period of one academic year comprising of two terms.
- Objectives :
The course is designed
- To train the individual to promote his/her positive health.
- To train the individual for the personality development on the basis of physical, mental intellectual and spiritual health.
- To train the individual to undertake further study and practice in yoga.
- To impart scientific training to the individuals, in yoga studies (both in theory and practice), so as to enable them to serve as professional yoga teacher.
- A candidate seeking admission to Certificate Course in Yoga Studies shall have passed S.S.L.C (X) of Karnataka state or its equivalent thereto
- Candidate is allowed to take admission to C.Y.S. Course along with their studies in Under- Graduate or Post -Graduate course.
- Candidates who are in employment are also allowed to take admission to the said course.
- Medium of Instruction:
Kannada / English
- Hours of Instruction:
There shall be 3 hours of teaching work per week for every theory paper of 100 marks and 6 hours of teaching work per week for every practical paper of 100 marks.
- Intake Capacity :
Maximum Sixty (60) candidates / as prescribed by the University from time to time
- Attendance :
For admission to the said examination, candidates are required to keep two terms in the Department of Yoga Studies of this University. A student shall attend a minimum of 75% of the total instruction hours in a paper (theory/Practical) in each term, as prescribed by the University from time to time.
- Scheme of Examination :
- There shall be a University examination at the end of an academic year both in theory and practical papers. Two theory and One practical exam at the end of the year
- Candidates are allowed to write the said examination either in English or in Kannada.
- The duration of theory paper examination shall be of 3 hours.
- Each theory paper of 100 marks shall comprise of 5 questions of 20 marks each from five units with internal choices, covering the entire syllabus.
9.5 The duration of practical paper examination shall be of 4 hours and each
Practical batch shall contain a maximum of 12 candidates.
- Standard of Passing :
A candidate is required to obtain 40% of marks in each paper and 40% of marks in the aggregate for passing the said examination. A candidate must obtain 40% or more but less than 50% of aggregate marks for Pass class, 50% or more but less than 60% of aggregate marks for second class, 60% or more but less than 70% of aggregate marks for a first class and 70% or more of aggregate marks for a first class with Distinction.
- Reappearing Facility :
A candidate failing only in one or more theory papers or in a practical paper is
allowed to reappear for only those paper/s in which he/she has failed. He/she
need not reappear for the papers (theory or practical) in which he/she has
- Scheme of papers and practical
|S. No.||Paper No.||Title of the Paper||Total Marks||Hours of Instruction||Duration of Exam.|
|1||Paper -I||Foundations of Yoga||100||3 hrs/week||3 hrs|
|2||Paper -II||Yoga and Health||100||3 hrs/week||3 hrs|
|3||Practical||Practical Training in Yoga||100||6 hrs/week||4 hrs|